Crafters and artists, young and old, can find a suitable audience and potential buyers online on Etsy! Discover what Etsy is and how to use this platform!
What is Etsy?
Etsy is a popular online marketplace for selling and buying handmade crafts. It has been online since 2005 and has managed to help thousands of sellers from all around the globe sell their beautiful handmade pieces. So, if you are a crafter or an artist who sell handmade products such as jewelry, cosmetics, pet products, accessories, and etc. – Etsy is an ideal way to expand your audience and increase your sale!
Getting Started Selling on Etsy
In order to start selling on Etsy, you need to register an account first. The registration process is simple and will only take few minutes out of your time. It is required to add credit card information to the account because of the listing and transaction fees.
Because of the huge popularity Etsy has, there are a lot of competition. This means that it is important for you to stand out from the crowd by creating a name for yourself and a recognizable brand name.
Here are few tips you can use to optimize your Etsy shop:
- Choose the username wisely – Make sure the username and your brand name are creative and unique
- Make a positive first impression – Build a credibility by making positive impressions
- Research your competitors – This will help you create your store, set the prices, and position your products
- Add clear and high-quality images only – It is important your buyers be able to see clearly the products they are purchasing
- Write detailed product descriptions (with details) – It is important to provide detailed and accurate information
- Use the categories and tagging features – Make sure to use all 14 keywords and tags per item
- Cross promote – Use the social media networks or your business website to attract direct traffic to the Etsy shop. It is the best way to promote your products.
- Own URL address – You’ll have a customizable online shop and URL based on the username.
- Easy & Simple to Use – The platform is extremely easy and simple to use.
- It is Free – Registering an account on Etsy is free of charge.
Benefits of Selling on Etsy
Are you ready to start selling on Etsy?
— Etsy (@Etsy) 5 de abril de 2017